Volunteers are needed to join PACE's research study Advisory Group.
For this exciting and varied role you will need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender and have prior personal experience of persistent or severe suicidal ideation or suicide attempt associated with being LGBT, or
- Identify as a lesbian or bisexual woman who has prior issues with alcohol abuse/problem drinking, or
- Identify as a gay or bisexual man with a prior history of having a body image disorder;
- Live within easy access of Islington, London;
- Be available to attend occasional meetings, usually during the day;
- Feel confident to express your views in a group situation which may include professionals;
- Have a desire to contribute to the understanding of health inequalities in LGBT people.
The role includes giving your views on the following:
- The health issue you have experienced, to inform the development of the study;
- The research methods, such as how best to find samples;
- The design and development of publicity for the study;
- The questionnaires and other forms of data collection tools;
- Outputs from the study, such as presentations and reports;
- Helping recruit research participants, and;
- Other ad-hoc functions.
What you will get in return:
- Insights into how research is carried out;
- Satisfaction of contributing to a major research study benefiting LGBT people;
- Work experience;
- Support to fulfil this role;
- Travel and out-of-pocket expenses will be paid.
For further information or to request an application form, please contact:
Flavio Silva on 020 7715 0364.