The PACE Family Support Service offers counselling and support to all family members whatever their age or sexuality. The service is designed to help
- Heterosexual parents who may need support when discovering their child is lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)
- Children struggling with an LGBT parent
- Siblings struggling with a LGBT brother or sister
- Lesbian and gay men who are either thinking of having children or wish to adopt or who have already done so
- LGBT parents needing support regarding parenting, family or educational issues
- LGBT young people feeling isolated, confused and scared about the impact of coming out on themselves and their family.
- Parents concerned about homophobic bullying at their child's school
Experienced Family Therapists at PACE provide the opportunity for any family where there is an LGBT related issue to receive help.
Family patterns, dynamics and conflicts are worked with through a model where the focus is not on any one individual but on the interaction between family members. Anyone whom you consider to be 'family' is welcome to attend.
Individuals and couples as well as larger groups can come to the service as long as their primary focus is thinking about relationships.
To find out more or book a place please e-mail Jo Beecham or call her on 020 7700 1323.